Saturday, June 22, 2013

Decision Making

I will refer to my post on the Dream Your Success blog from earlier this week. Read Here.

Strong Values, coupled with an understanding of how goals fit into your values, are what get you where you want to go in life- rather than waking up one day to see you've been dragged downstream.

Our blogging was all about uncertainty in life, how it can be a curse and a blessing, and how every single choice you make leads you in a direction- whether you see the direction, or not. People who get good grades in high school and then go on to excellent grades in college and then apply to med school are planning for a future in medicine, a (they hope) high-paying and stable job, and a certain kind of lifestyle. People who don't do those things are certainly not planning for that, and will not get there unless they change course. You only have yourself to look to when you glance around and see where you are in life.

I'm not saying that if you don't drive a Lexus and live in a nice suburb in a big house that you are not on the right path- that is not the path for many. In fact, I spend a lot of time in a neighborhood like that and I wonder what on earth I would do with myself if I had to maintain the car payments, mortgages, and country club dues the people living there are (in my opinion) burdened by. I prefer a different lifestyle, and my choices reflect that.

Making choices can seem difficult- but if you know where you want to go, you can be a little more confident. Do you want to be a thriving artist, or a starving one? Do you enjoy Rumination, or are you looking to be Illuminated? Do you need help with that?

That is why I'm part of the coaching and teaching team at Dream Your Success. We are offering real, true information about HOW to conduct business online. We teach valuable steps, including how to use software, how to make graphics, how to talk to people, how to relate. We are not blowing sunshine up your ass- if that's what you want, you can choose a different coaching program. Every day is filled with choices- make a positive one today!

No comments:

Post a Comment